Minutes of BVAA Annual Meeting May 17, 2016
Pam Siderewicz shared recent accomplishments of the BVAA:
• The website is wonderful thanks to Bob Evans and Lisa Shea
• 601 “likes” on Facebook
• More than 4300 followers on Twitter
• 23 BVAA-linked shows plus 12 non-BVAA shows
• Membership is now 61 (membership was 18 only 4 years ago)
Upcoming shows and events
• Plein Air is 5/21
• Amazing Things Art Center show is April 2018. They have other wall space available through the year.
• Sutton Art Show is 6/4. Three pieces per person. Request for volunteers to set up panels and canopies at 8:00.
• Blackstone Library Spring Show openings are 6/16 from 5:00-8:00 and 5/18 from 12:00-2:00
• Marie Cafferty has received a $500 grand for promoting youth education and the environment through the topic “Consolidated Energy”. The programs will take place at the Millbury library and have components of photography, writing and art.
• Planning for next year’s programs will take place over the summer. All are welcome to attend planning meetings. Members were asked to submit ideas for programs.
President – Bob Evans
Vice President – Lisa Shea
Treasurer – Carol Frieswick
Secretary – Carol Dandrade
Social Networking – Becky Smith
• Board Members renewing their terms
• New Board Member
Bob Evans, as new president, thanked Pam for her years of service to BVAA. He gave his vision for the next year with a focus on
• More competitions with cash prizes
• Artistic integrity and relationship
• Hosting more events
• Promoting BVAA
The banquet followed and a good time was had by all!