Alternatives in Whitinsville is hosting a crafts fair to celebrate local art! The fair is on Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 from 11-4pm.
There will be:
50 Douglas Road, Whitinsville
Last call for submissions to the MMAS Gallery Art Show on “Abandoned Lost or Forgotten” – get them in by tonight! December 5, 2016!
The Morini Gallery at the MMAS is having a photography show in spring 2017 with the theme “Abandoned Lost or Forgotten”
From their press release:
• Artists may enter up to five (5) images. Each entry must include a title, price and size (maximum 60”).
• To submit works for consideration, email image files to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 5, 2016.
• Please name files using your last name first and then the title (For example: LastnameTitle.jpg).
• Files must be 150 dpi, 6” on the shortest side and no larger than 2MG.
• There is no entry fee for this exhibit; however there is a $10 non-refundable hanging fee for each work accepted. The Gallery will retain a 25% commission on works sold, which is considered a tax deductible donation to MMAS.
• Once your work is accepted, please fill in an entry form which can be found HERE and bring it with you, along with your framed pieces and the hanging fee, on one of the drop-off dates below.
• Accepted work must be framed appropriately with frames that are in good condition. Frames should be wired approx. 1/3 of the way down from the top of the piece. No plastic frames, plexi or saw tooth hangers. We will not accept work that does not meet these guidelines.
• All those whose works have been accepted will be asked to bring something for the opening reception (appetizers, desserts, cheese/crackers, etc.)
The show runs January 14th – March 26th, 2017.
Address: 377 N Main St, Mansfield, MA 02048
The BVAA had 11 works selected to be a part of this show! Here they are:
Here are the winners of the 2016 Tapestry show, held at Alternatives in Uxbridge! The show will be up through the end of December – stop by and take a look!
1st prize Muriel Funka – Winter in New England
2nd prize Carole Plante – Catastrophe
3rd prize Jayden Chandra – Spirit
GALLERY 263, located at 263 Pearl Street, Cambridge, MA 02139 is having a juried call for art. The theme is “Iteration”.
DEADLINE: Sunday December 18, 2016, 11:59PM EST
Denise Driscoll, artist (Fountain Street Fine Art)
Nathalie Miebach, artist (Miller Yezerski Gallery)
Exhibition: February 9 – March 11, 2017
Pattern and repetitive process go hand-in-hand. An entire practice may be made of similar gestures; each mark, movement or sound informing the next. Maps and systems are connected by similar shapes and textures; patterned artworks are created through a meditative, repeated process. Each individual cell, used repetitively—iterated—can can be just as fascinating as the sum. Seeking work of all 2D, 3D and time-based media that employs pattern through an iterative process. Open to US residents. See below for size restrictions and further details.
Iteration Show Details
The Post Road Art Center is located at:
1 Boston Post Road East, Marlborough, MA, 01752
Tel: (508) 485-2580
Hours: Mon-Sat 9:30am – 5:30pm,
Thursday until 7:00pm
DECEMBER: Open Exhibit 2016 (no theme requirement)
Submissions Accepted (must drop off in person):
November 21st – December 1st 2016
Opening Reception: Thursday December 8th, 5:30-8:00
Exhibit Ends: December 29th
1st Place: $85
2nd Place: $55
3rd Place: $35
People’s Choice (In store votes): $50
Internet Prize (most “hearts” on their website): $25 gift certificate
The Judge: Bob Collins
Registration form with full rules:
Open Show 2016 Registration Form
Reminder – the Tapestry Art Show submissions can be dropped off until 3:30 today Friday November 4, 2016 at Alternatives Uxbridge location – get those items in!
It’s free to enter, open to all, and it’s a great way to win prizes and get sales!
Tapestry Show Details
The Alternatives Uxbridge location is holding their 2016 Tapestry event! This art show is open to all artists and celebrates the richness of our community.
You can submit up to three works to the show – only the first work will be judged. There are both youth (17 and under) and adult (18 and over) categories.
A paper form must be submitted by November 4, 2016 to enter.
Pieces must be submitted by November 4th to be judged.
Opening night is Friday, November 11th from 4-7pm.
The show will also be part of the Uxbridge First Night on Saturday, December 3.
Pickup is after December 23rd. Sales include a 20% commission.
Full details in entry-form PDF:
We all had great fun and really nice weather at the Hopedale Day in the Park on Saturday 17Sep16
Several of our members participated in the Hopedale Cultural Council Fine Art Exhibition and we were well placed in the awards !
Libia Goncalves won first prize in the Mixed Media section for ‘Papagayo”
Bob Evans won 1st Prize in the Photography section for ‘Dream State’ and also won 2nd prize for ‘Just Resting?’
Carol Frieswick received an Honourable Mention for ‘Nightide’
Judy Belben and Don Iacovelli received a Purchase Price Awards for ‘Folk Art 1’ and ‘Pylons 1’